Many businesses adapt Facebook and Twitter as their social networking marketing mix but Pinterest is often – and mistakenly- overlooked. Ben Silbermann was the founder of this photo-sharing platform and today with over 1.5 billion page views a month this social platform is worth $2 Billion. Consider that, its 25 Million users are wealthy, female and love to spend money. Pinterest shoppers, on average, spend nearly $170 per session, according to a study by Rich Relevance, an e-commerce consultant, which tracked 700 million shopping sessions. In comparison, Facebook shoppers spend $95 per session, while Twitter shoppers spend $70.
To read more about Pinterest’s future and where it’s headed take a look at this article from FastCompany. Also, check out this infographic above and here are the main points from this infographic:
- 79% of users are women between 25-54
- Average time on site per visit in the U.S. is 15 min and 50 seconds
- 55% of mobile users visit the site on an iPad
- Pins with price receive more likes than those without
- 80% of the top 15 categories are connected to commerce